Saturday, May 6

New Love Sonnet Bead Sets and a Few Spacers

Just a few beads to share today that I created last weekend when I fired up my BRAND NEW kiln for the first time.

In case you didn't see my Instagram or Facebook post, I purchased a BlueBird XL kiln when I was on a road trip to Toronto last month.


I was very lucky to get this beautiful berry purple colored "cadillac of kilns" which I have named Penny The Dragon.💜



My first session at the torch flew by and below are the sets created.

Starting on a base of Effetre white encased in CiM - Creation Is Messy Candlelight, my own hand mixed Pendragonfyre Love Sonnet frit was sprinkled to create these romantic beads. 



The spacer beads are included in this set are made with pure CiM Candlelight.


Starting on a base of Effetre white encased in Effetre Amethyst, my own hand mixed Pendragonfyre Love Sonnet frit was sprinkled to create these romantic beads. 


The spacer beads are included in this set are made with pure Effetre Amethyst.



This set of frit beads combines CiM Primavera, an opaque green with Val Cox Songbird frit.


Simple round beads within this abundant set. 


Four plain spacers of Primavera complete this set.



I always include time in each session to create some simple spacer beads that are small enough for earring sets. 
I find it is great way to practice consistency and heat control making multiple beads on one mandrel.

The spacer beads below are made from CiM - Creation Is Messy glasses

Atoll Misty This glass was very popular when it was introduced as a color in the 2022 CiM palette release. It is a nice minty green misty opal.



Beeswax Misty, a soft pale opal yellow that can strike to an amber depending on the time and temperature it is worked.


From the photos below, you will note the difference in the beads color and translucency in the making of these spacers. 
I usually make 4-6 spacers on one mandrel, so the variety of the beads are a result of the warming and rewarming of each bead.



At the time of this post, Nortel has in stock:
- CiM Candlelight and Beeswax Misty. Atoll Misty appears to be SOLD Out
- Effetre White and Amethyst should be available.

#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimcandlelight
#cimprimavera
#cimatollmisty
#cimbeeswaxmisty
#effetreamethyst
#nortel
#pendragonfyre
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
@creationismessy
@nortel_glassgirl









No comments:

Post a Comment