Sunday, May 28

Sunday Spacer Roundup - CiM - Creation Messy, Moretti and Effetre Glasses

I love making spacers. They are like little beads of zen that calm my mind and challenge my skills. 
Sometimes I just grab a random rod of glass and see what happens when I melt it on a mandrel. 
Other times I try to match the colors of the rainbow or the seasons. 
Here are some of the spacers I made recently and what I learned from them.

The first set is made with CiM Aquamarine Ice Misty Ltd Run, a gorgeous blue misty opal that reminds me of the ocean. 


It was easy to work with and gave me a nice even color. 


The second set is made with CiM Winter Mint Ltd Run, another misty opal that has a fresh green hue. 


It was a bit stiffer than the Aquamarine Ice, but still melted well. 


The next three sets are made with Italian glasses:

The first one is still labelled as Moretti, so you know it has been around for a very long time.

 
Named Tongue Pink# 258, it looked like a dull ivory/white rod, but when I heated it up, it turned into a lovely ivory with pink streaks. 


I got this glass from Jean at Nortel to test, although it is not on their site, they have lots so reach out to her if you want to order.

Effetre Pea Green 212 is a lovely bright pastel that is a fundamental glass for most lamp artists used in florals and natural designs.


Finally, the true test of making spacers! Effetre Striking Red Transparent 076


As you can see, striking this glass can vary in tone and hue consistency... but it makes a lovely base for other glasses as you may have seen in my recent post using Lumiere Lusters.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my spacers and maybe got inspired to make some of your own. 
Reach out to Jean or Jennifer at Nortel to order some of these glasses in stock now!

Until then, happy torching!
#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimwintermint
#cimaquamarineice
#effetrepeagreen
#morettitonguepink
#effetrestrikingredtransparent
#effetre
#nortel
#pendragonfyre
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
@nortel_glassgirl
@creationismessy

No comments:

Post a Comment