Wednesday, May 31

Silver, Silver and More Silver!

Today I am showing you another style of Pendragonfyre beads using silver glass and 99% fine silver wire.
I find this method of capturing the reduction of the silver glass under the clear encasement allows the colors and mother of pearl shine to be magnified tremendously.

The first set is made with CiM - Creation Is Messy's Eel Grass as the base glass. This is a lovely transparent green that reminds me of nature.


I added a stripe of Double Helix Psyche silver glass in the middle and wrapped some 99% fine silver wire around it. Then I reduced and encased the bead to bring out the amazing blues, creams and purples. 


The silver wire melted and formed little drops and streams of silver under the thick layer of Zephyr clear glass. The spacer beads are pure Eel Grass.



The second set is made with CiM - Creation Is Messy's Burnt Sugar as the base glass. This is a warm transparent brown with a peachy tint.


I used the same technique as before, but with Double Helix Kalypso silver glass instead of Psyche. The result was stunning, with rich blues, creams and purples. 


The silver wire also created beautiful patterns under the clear glass encasement.
The spacers are pure Burnt Sugar.


As a final bead, I used the same glasses as above and created a hollow focal bead.
I am still practicing the technique of hollows. 


This one was created on a puffy mandrel and I am pleased with the result.



As always, I hope these beads inspire you to create something beautiful in your world!

Both CiM and Effetre glasses are available through Nortel in Toronto through their online shopping cart. I suggest ordering some very soon.

Til next time,

D.

#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimeelgrass
#cimburntsugar
#99%finesilverwire
#doublehelixglass
#psyche
#kalypso
#zephyr
#pendragonfyre
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
@creationismessy
@nortel_glassgirl
@doublehelixglass

No comments:

Post a Comment