Saturday, March 25

CiM - Creation Is Messy 2023 New Color - Amazon Misty Ltd Run

Happy Saturday everyone!

The sun is shining and after a few days of snow this week, I am looking forward to warming up the studio and completing my 2023 CiM - Creation Is Messy color testing. I have been pleased with all the colors offered this year in their misty and milky forms.

I took the opportunity to get in a glass order of some CiM glasses that Nortel still had available to add to my glass stash including Eggplant, Barrier Reef and Raindrop. Those will be great for some of the bead sets that I have planned for later this spring.

For today's post I am sharing a quick set of CiM's new 2023 Amazon Misty Ltd Run as I tested it with Double Helix silver glass.

Amazon Misty was based on an older CiM color named Rainforest which is a greenish opal teal. Amazon is being offered in both a misty and milky version for 2023.

Below is a photo of the original Rainforest with handmade Raku shards from a post in 2018. Click here if you are interested.


For this big hole bead set, I started with a base of Amazon Misty on which I sprinkled and melted in from Double Helix Kronos frit and streamed some Notos silver glass. 


The mother of pearl and color striations were captured under an encasement of Zephyr clear glass. This flat barrel tab measures 27mm hole to hole.


The 4 spacers are pure Amazon misty to show the base glass in comparison.


I have checked availability of these glasses, at the time of this post, as In Stock on Nortel Glass' online shopping cart.
Reach out to Jean or Jennifer at Nortel to add some of these glasses to your new CiM - Creation Is Messy colors for 2023.

You may even be able to snag some CiM Rainforest as Nortel may have some in their inventory as well.

#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimnewcolors
#cim2023
#cimamazonmisty
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
#nortel
#doublehelixglass
#pendragonfyre
@creationismessy
@nortel_glassgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment