Saturday, March 18

CiM - Creation Is Messy 2023 New Color - Delft Misty Ltd Run

CiM Creation Is Messy created a number of new limited run colors for 2023 that were based on popular colors from the past.

Today, I am showing off a couple of beads for the new Delft Misty Ltd Run.

Delft is based on the former CiM Ming opal glass introduced a number of years ago. It was so similar to CiM Cornflower that I don't think I ever actually tried Ming.  I have used Cornflower many times, check out some of my past post here of this lovely blue opaque glass.
 
You may want to check with Jennifer and Jean at Nortel to see if they still have some stock of Ming or Cornflower available if you want to try it along with the new 2023 Delft!

CiM - Creation Is Messy's Delft blue opal the is offered in both a misty and milky version.
The beads within this post are created with the misty sister.
 
I used Delft Misty as the base on which a layer of Jetage Studio's Lumiere Luster named Maleficent was added. 
 
 
Maleficent is a gorgeous color shifting flake of intense deep blues that shifts to magenta-red  to orange and gold depending on the angle it is viewed. 
It lightens considerably when used in glass work but I liked how it worked in this barrel bead.
 
 
The luster glitter flakes were encased with Double Helix Zephyr but I left the end of the bead pure Delft Misty.

 
I wrapped and melted in some 99% fine silver wire along the end of the bead for added shine.
The spacers are pure Delft Misty to show the base color blue hue.
 
All the new CiM colors for 2023 are available through Nortel in Toronto through their online shopping cart. I suggest ordering some very soon before it is gone.

#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimnewcolors
#cim2023
#cimdelftmisty
#jetagestudio
#lumiereluster
#doublehelixglass
#nortel
#pendragonfyre
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
@creationismessy
@nortel_glassgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment