Wednesday, April 19

New CiM Color for Spring 2017 - Troll


I am down to only two more new glass colors to test for this spring. 

It was an awesome experience to play with the CiM - Creation is Messy colors and I hope you have enjoyed seeing the creations!

In this post the featured color is CiM Troll Ltd Run.

Described as an opaque gray green. Doesn't sound that exciting at first glance.

I wanted to really test it against silver, so I created some beads with a coating of 99% fine silver foil and a sprinkling of my handblended Pendragonfyre frit. 

Normally I would tumble etch these "dragonscale" style beads, but they are pretty with the gloss finish.

My frit has rare purple rose mixed with raku and a few extra ingredients that when layered on silver foil brings out the micro-dots of silver in veined patterns and the rich tones of purple, magenta and blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment