Tuesday, July 11

Frit Painting with Val Cox Rio Nights Frit

In this blog post, I will show you some of the beads I made with a frit painting technique. 

I used Effetre pale purple transparent glass as the base and covered it with a thin layer of clear glass. 


I dipped a clear glass rod into Val Cox Rio Nights frit and applied it to the bead, creating striations of color around the bead. 
I sprinkled a bit more frit on each bead to finish the design. 
The result is a set of round beads with a colorful and abstract pattern.


Within this frit, "copper goldstone adds sparkle to this multi-hued blend including Multicolor Dark which color shifts in lively and unpredictible ways with each use.
The spacers are Effetre pale purple.


I am always attempting to also practice my work with hollow beads, so this color combination was an opportunity to make a hollow.


This hollow was simply a base of Effetre pale purple with a sprinkling of Val Cox Rio Nights. I like the result!


I have checked availability of Effetre pale purple (#046) as In Stock on Nortel Glass' online shopping cart.
I believe that Val Cox has stopped production of the frit, so I will have to cherish what little I have left on my shelf!
Reach out to Jean or Jennifer at Nortel for your glassy needs!

#effetre
#handmade
#handmadeincanada
#nortel
#valcoxfrit
#rionights
#pendragonfyre
@nortel_glassgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment