Wednesday, December 14

Glitter - A Little Goes A Long Way - Sharing New Experiments

In my last post, I shared my initial testing of a few of Lori Riley's dichroic strips.

On her site she describes these as "premium dichroic strips are fused and ready for flame. These prefused dichroic strips help prevent scumming and are much easier to use."

I was also blessed with some Lumiere Lusters glitters that I have only started to experiment with.

I wanted to share a few more focal beads that combined some various new glasses that I am trying out from Double Helix Glassworks with these various glittery treats!


First up, these two focal were created over a clear base with encased layers of Double Helix Oracle Violet Opal (I am not certain which one I have, but click here to review them)
Streams of Double Helix rare silver glass known as BE-462 Purple Luster was added along with Dots of Riley Dichroic Pink & Teal Crinkle strip. 


A final encasement of Double Helix Zephyr completely the bead before the final shaping.



These would be lovely pendants.


This next bead was created on a base of CiM - Creation Is Messy's Maroon, a dense maroon red. Streams of Riley Dichroic Pink Teal Crinkle and Double Helix TC663 test glass


Zephyr clear encasement was added to capture the glitter and the mother of pearl luster of the silver infused glass.


Finally, just a couple of first tries at adding Lumiere Luster's Ion Opal glitter to a simple bead base of CiM’s Midnight




This glitter is much easier to manage than the pixie dust of the "old days" of my lampworking beginnings.


I look forward to testing and trying to find the best way to use this glitter to it's best potential without adding any burnout or scumming that sometimes results from working the bead with too much heat.


Nortel Glass in Toronto has a wonderful selection of these little treasures, so definitely contact Jean or Jennifer to purchase some for your next bead making session!

#creationismessy
#cimglass
#cimmaroon
#rileydichroic
#lumierelusters
#nortel
#doublehelixglass
#pendragonfyre
@creationismessy
@nortel_glassgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment