Wednesday, February 21

CiM Earth Sampler - Last Few Color Results

This post is a follow-up on the results of remaining rods in the CiM - Creation is Messy Earth rod sampler from Nortel.

As I mentioned in my last post, I had set of beads in the tumbler made with CiM's Painted Hills, Autumn and Pistachio Ice Cream

The color hues in these 3 glass are quite subtle so tumbling the beads created a "pottery" look to the beads with the shades of light green, yellow and peachy brown.


Notice that these glasses also produce striations in the glass that is also enhanced when tumbled to a smooth matte finish.

I also finished testing the last 2 colours and can share these sets as well

CiM Mink is a gray opal brown. The beads remind me of a translucent chocolate or coffee. In this set, I used a silvered ivory stringer to create dots and surface lines and the effect is quite pretty.

CiM Dirty Laundry is an opalescent off white. In the focal bead, I added handblown silver glass shards made from Double Helix Clio. This silver glass turns to an amber pink and fumed the surface of the base glass with a golden surface. 


As always, I encourage you to reach our to Jean at Nortel to pick up a sampler or two.

Til next time,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment