Thursday, May 9

Goddess Bead Series From the Pendragonfyre Past - Renamed Silver Storm Beads

If you have been a follower of the Pendragonfyre Tales blog over the past decade, you are familiar with a series of beads that I named after Goddess Names. Each set was a unique combination of glasses and named with a unique name.

There were well over 150 sets over the years and I ran out of names!


I still love making these beads and when it came to my new Etsy shop, I found it difficult to describe and explain the naming process. Clients suggested I start calling them silver storm beads to capture how the silver glass swirls and shines from different perspectives in each bead raised portal.

So this is the first of the posts of Pendragonfyre Silver Storm Beads. As always, I will share the glass combinations with my followers!



For this set of focal storm beads, I used Italian Effetre New Violet opaque glass as the base glass. 



After adding a layers of ivory, cobalt transparent and Double Helix Olympia Rain silver infused glasses, each bead was encased in clear glass domes.



Dots of Aurae silver glass were carefully added and reduced it to a metallic shine. 



The multi-colour portals shine with hues of blues, yellows and cream.



Four spacer beads of Effetre New Violet are included in this set. 


https://pendragonfyre.etsy.com/listing/1719221216


Effetre  and Double Helix glasses are readily available from Nortel Glass in Toronto. 

Reach out to Jean or Jennifer at Nortel to add some of these glasses to your collection.


#Effetre 

#effetreglass 

#nortel

#doublehelixglass

#lampworkglass

#lampworkbead

#glassbead

#softglass

#sodalime

#craftsperson

#handmadebeads

#maker

@creationismessy

@nortel_glassgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment